CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
PHASA members are invited to nominate candidates for election to the PHASA Executive Committee ('the Exco') for 2016. (Nomination forms available from the PHASA Office and attached hereto.)
The election of the Executive Committee members will take place at the 2015 Annual General Meeting of PHASA ('the Meeting') to be held on 18 November 2015. The procedure is described more fully below.
- Notice is hereby given calling for nominations, for election to the Exco, of the following positions:
- Vice-president – (1) one position
- Executive Committee members – four (4) positions
- Nominations are called for one vice-president and four Exco members.
- Only full members are eligible for election as members of the Exco. Only full members who have served a term on the Exco shall be eligible for nomination as president-elect and vice-president. It is recommended that candidates be nominated for election in all the categories of office bearers for which they are eligble.
- Members who retire from Exco shall be eligible for re-election.
- Nominations shall be in writing, over the signature of two full members of PHASA and the signature of the nominee. Nominations must reach the PHASA office no later than 20 October 2015 in the prescribed format.
- Only full members are entitled to nominate and vote for office-bearers.
- The Chairman of the Meeting shall regulate the order of voting of the PHASA Constitution.
- The following members retire by rotation:
Matthew Greeff, Jan Kleynhans, Johan van den Berg, Ray Kemp, Craig Maartens,
- Members remaining in office are:
Stan Burger (President), Hermann Meyeridricks (Immediate Past President), Eduard Katzke (vice-President), Jacques Senekal, Strauss Jordaan
Proxies may be used. Proxies shall be deposited at the PHASA address on or before 3 November 2015 or shall be given to the President prior to the Meeting. Proxie forms are attached hereto and are available from the office.