CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
PHASA members are invited to nominate candidates for election to the PHASA Executive Committee ('the Exco') for 2014. (Nomination forms available from the PHASA Office and attached hereto.) The election of the Executive Committee members will take place at the 2013 Annual General Meeting of PHASA ('the Meeting') to be held on 20 November 2013. The procedure is described more fully below. You are invited to send nominations for four committee members and two vice-presidents.
- Notice is hereby given calling for nominations, for election to the Exco, of the following positions:
vice-president – two positions
committee members – four positions
- Only full members are eligible for election as members of the Exco.
- Nominations are called for four Exco members and two vice-presidents. An individual nominated as vice-president may also be nominated for the Exco. (recommended)
- Only full members who have served a term on the Exco shall be eligible for nomination as vice-president.
- Members who retire from Exco shall be eligible for re-election.
- Nominations shall be in writing, over the signature of two full members of PHASA and the signature of the nominee. Nominations must reach the PHASA office no later than 22 October 2013 in the prescribed format.
- Only full members are entitled to nominate and vote for office-bearers.
- The Chairman of the Meeting shall regulate the order of voting of the PHASA Constitution.
- The following members retire by rotation:Eduard Katzke (vice-president), Dries van Coller (vice-president), Wiaan van der Linde, Carl van Zyl, Matthew Greeff and Johan van den Berg.
- Members remaining in office are:Hans Vermaak (immediate past president), Hermann Meyeridricks (president), Phillip Bronkhorst and Peter Ruddle.
Proxies may be used. Proxies shall be deposited at the PHASA address on or before 5 November 2013 or shall be given to the President prior to the Meeting. Proxie forms are attached hereto and are available from the office.