The applicant must have:
- Proof that he/she attended a registered Professional Hunting School & possesses the necessary knowledge, ability, skill & experience required, as well as having passed the relevant practical examinations.
- Proof that he/she has successfully completed the theoretical examination set by the relevant Provincial Nature Conservation Authorities. No person under the age of twenty-one (21) shall be issued a permit to operate as a Professional Hunter.
- Note: Unless the applicant can submit written proof of having at least sixty (60) days experience hunting dangerous game or, alternative, of being in possession of a valid permit before 30 March 1997----his/her professional hunter's permit will be endorsed to exclude the hunting of elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, buffalo, and hippo.
- Submitted an application within one (1) year of obtaining a certificate from the Director of the Hunting School which he/she attended.
- Membership of a recognized Professional Hunters' Association.
CRITERIA FOR RENEWAL of a PH Permit:
Renewal of a Professional Hunter's Permit will be subject to:
- The applicant must submit proof that he/she has undertaken (as a professional hunter); at least three (3) hunts or completed a minimum of twenty-one (21) hunting days with an overseas client, during that three (3) years preceding the application.
- Should the requirements of (1.) above not be fulfilled, the applicant must be re-tested at the discretion of the Director of a Professional Hunting School and the theoretical exams re-written.