MEMBERSHIP TYPES, FEES AND VOTING RIGHTS:
Membership fees are paid annually and are determined by the PHASA AGM on advice of the Exco.
Entry fees are payable by members joining for the first time.
Fees differ for the various membership categories.
Only licensed professional hunters and licensed hunting outfitters qualify for Full Membership. In the Full Membership category a two-tier fee structure applies with licensed outfitters paying higher fees than professional hunters.
Associate Membership for corporate hunting outfitting businesses may only be granted subject to the shareholders/members of the businesses joining in their personal capacity.
No fees are payable for membership of the Fund.
Only Full Members have voting rights.
Application made shall be an application for membership of both:
1. THE PROFESSIONAL HUNTER’S ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA (PHASA);
2. PHASA CONSERVATION AND EMPOWERMENT FUND NPC
Registration number 2003/000015/08
Please note that registration and subscription fees are payable in respect of PHASA membership only.
No registration or subscription fees are payable in respect of membership of the FUND.
The following Membership types are available:
- FULL MEMBER (Professional Hunter)
(IMPORTANT NOTE: The enclosed affidavit must be completed and submitted to PHASA in order for an applicant to qualify for this membership)
- Any Professional Hunter only, who:
(a) does not hold any Hunting Outfiiter permit or license or similar permit/licence, issued by any competent authority, that entitles the person to lawfully act as a Hunting Outfitter anywhere in the Republic of South Africa.
(b) does not currently lawfully act as a bona fide Hunting Outfitter under any other permit/license issued by any competent authority, notwithstanding the designation of such permit/license.
Registration fee R400,00 + 2014 Subscription fee R998 = R1398
- FULL MEMBER (Hunting Outfitter) - Any person, who derives all or part of his/her livelihood from the profession of hunting in the Republic of South Africa and is a duly licensed hunting outfitter.
Registration fee R400,00 + 2014 Subscription fee R2 888 = Total R3 288.00
STATUS OF FULL MEMBERSHIP WILL BE PENDING UNTIL APPLICANT HAS SUBMITTED PROOF OF A CURRENT PH OR HUNTING OUTFITTER PERMIT/LICENCE
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER - Any person who is in any way connected with the business of professional hunting, or who has an interest in promoting the aims and objectives of the Association and who does not qualify for full membership.
Registration fee R400,00 + 2014 Subscription fee R1 990,00 = Total R2 390.00
- INTERNATIONAL MEMBER - Any natural person, who does not qualify for full membership and in addition, does not ordinarily reside in the Republic of South Africa.
Registration fee US$50/€40 + 2013 Subscription fee US$84/€63 = Total US$134/€103
- FIELD MEMBER - Any employee (who is not a professional hunter) of a professional hunter or hunting outfitter. The employer must endorse membership applications for this category.
Registration fee Nil + Subscription fee R150.00 = R150.00
- AFFILIATE MEMBER - Any like minded organizations, on a reciprocal basis, subject to approval by PHASA in General Meeting or by the Exco.
No registration fee or subscriptions are payable
- LIFE MEMBERSHIP Any current member of PHASA with uninterrupted membership of at least the previous 5 years. Member has to apply to the EXCO in writing.
Fee: contact the PHASA office for the fee
The membership year runs from 1 December to 30 November.
Tel: +27 12 667 2048
Fax: +27 12 667 2049